The Colfax Marathon is a weekend FULL of events. There is something for everyone. Its 2 days and 7 races. Choose from the following:
- 26.2 miles = Marathon – It goes through Sports Authority Field at Mile High Stadium, the Confluence, downtown, and along 7 miles of water.
- 13.1 miles = Half Marathon – Takes you through the Denver Zoo AND Aurora Fire Station #1
- 10 miles = Urban 10 miler – Follows final miles of the marathon through the stadium, Confluence and downtown.
- Relay = Marathon Relay – Its the marathon split among a 5 member team.
- Relay = Corporate Cup – Its the marathon split among a 5 member co-worker team.
- Relay = Government Cup – Its the marathon split among a 5 member of Colorado Elected Officials, Federal, City, County or State & Special District Employees team.
- 3.1 miles = 5K – This event is on Saturday at the Start/Finish of the marathon.
I have run the Colfax Half Marathon 3 times. Each year the course changed for the better. This year we run through the ZOO right by the elephants!!!!!!!!!!!
- 2010 = 2:37:33
- 2011 = 2:20:33 – Personal Record (PR)!
- 2012 = 2:37:10 – ran injured
- 2013 = Plan to beat PR
This year, the Colfax Marathon added an Ambassador Program:
We are excited to introduce you to our 2013 Colfax Marathon Ambassadors. This is a select group of athletes who are influential in their personal running communities. They will be helping us keep our runners informed, inspired and motivated. These athletes all have different running backgrounds, but they share a passion for empowering everyone through running. Keep an eye out for them training and racing all over the Denver Metro, joining in your local run club runs, working with our many Charity Partners organizations, and on our website and social media.
I applied for one of the positions and was one of the lucky few to receive the honors of becoming a 2013 Colfax Marathon Ambassador! This made my YEAR!!! Words cannot even express how excited I am to become one of the 2013 Colfax Marathon Ambassadors! We are a GREAT group of people and will learn a lot from each other as well as helping spread the word about the Colfax Marathon.
We are sponsored by Adidas, so our gear is all Adidas which is also AWESOME!!! Got fitted for some new running shoes Tuesday night, at Boulder Running Company – Denver TechCenter. They are the Adidas Adizero Boston 3 in RED and they ROCK! My feet are in heaven.
Did you know there are over 100 Charity Partners with the Colfax Marathon? Registered runners can choose one of these charities, like Families First (which I am helping) and raise funds for the charity of their choice. How cool is that?!
If you have any questions about any of the events at the Colfax Marathon or training for the event, please do not hesitate to contact me!